zondag 11 augustus 2013

Introduction


As long as I can remember I am involved in the creative process. Always drawing and building and painting and sculpting. I attended the academy for arts but been always more attracted in my own way. Meaning that I seek the creative challenges over and over again instead of narrowing myself down to 1 discipline like painting or sculpting.

My work is often related with nature, either in shape, material, color. I started my professional career as a land artist, making installations and sculptures with natural material in actual nature, which later on became more gallery or museum sculpture. At one time the former building officer of the Stedelijk museum Amsterdam asked me if he could use 1 of my installations for a architecture publication. Not long after I received my first request to design a small building.


The bases of my work, whether its art, architecture or design, mostly its inspired by the situation of humans. Often in relationship with nature, but also on other environments such as cities, rural areas or even in the virtual space or concept development. As an artist one is often asked for a general quote on the works. After using many I finally concluded it to be: I am inspired by the situations and mechanisms that changes how we experience the world.  Now, I am involved in projects all around the world, form Canada, to Tanzania and Asia in multiple disciplines. (Experience) architecture for Leisure and Hospitality projects, (Land) architecture, (installation) art, product design, show design etc ect.
 
Gert Eussen 2013

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten